Passionate About Life | Family

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

+ Meals | Pizza Night

Pizza Night is one great feasting event
OK... I did not feel like having something heavy for dinner tonight.

Since my son likes pizza, I was game for it too. Wify thinks it is just too expensive a dinner to have, but I guess it would not hurt our pockets if we indulge in it once in a while.

Now, we have 3 pizza company to choose from... Pizza Hut, Tuscani Pizza, Canadian Pizza and now, a new Japanese pizza outlet called Oishi Pizza. Loosely translated is should say Delicious Pizza.

Oishi Pizza Western-Made Japanese PizzaIt just had its Halal Certificate, so it caters to Muslims as well now. Great!

Interesting menu and lots of Japanese words as toppings. Should be an interesting meal. So I ordered it for the first time. Just like Canadian Pizza, it is a "buy one, get one free" offer.

Called the hotline, but had to leave my name and contact number instead. The line was just too busy. They called me back in less than a minute to take my order.

Spicy is the main interest here, so I ordered Wasabi Seafood and XXX which will take between 45 minutes to 1 hour to arrive.

It took them 1.5 hours instead. They are that popular I hope. We we starving!

The taste was interestingly different. Asian taste with a blend of western origin.

How do I rate it with 10 being the best?... I would give it
  • a 4 for delivery,
  • a 7 for looking delicious... then again we were starving,
  • a 6 for generous toppings,
  • a 6 for overall taste.
It was an overall "rated-6" experience for both my son and I. And later tonight, another 6 from Wify.

We have tasted all the Halal pizza delivery in Singapore, including this latest entry. We have made our choice for the best pizza award to... Canadian Pizza!

Canadian Pizza Gets Top Prize from Imran's F2PR2
The order of preference is as follows, 1 being the best:
  1. Canadian Pizza
  2. Oishi Pizza
  3. Tusconi Pizza
  4. Pizza Hut
Canadian has the most fluffiest and softest bread, with the most, generous toppings of all. The taste is great! Our most favourite pizza is Singapore Special, followed by Hawaiian Pizza.

Will by default choose these two with a "buy one, get one free" order. It is definitely worth the money.

Pizza Hut has been a total disappointment for us on several occasions - both with home delivery and dine-in at the restaurant.

The service is good, but the pizza is bad!

The bread is thin and the topping so sparse, you would think they forgot to put in. The price is definitely not worth the effort... why even wait for it?

So I guess, Canadian Pizza will still be our family favourite. We can vouch for it.

New York Pizza at Century Square Tampines is next
Wait... I just saw New York Pizza turned Halal a few days ago at Century Square Mall. Wonder they do home delivery...

Will try it sometime and it will go through the Imran's Family Favourite Pizza Rating Routine or short for Imran's F2PR2... say it out loud and it sounded like a Star Wars character.

2 Comments:

  • Now you've made me hungry! It's 11:10 pm, so I guess I have to wait til tomorrow --- :)

    By Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart, at 12:13 pm  

  • Ya I'm hungry too. The picture of the pizza looks so delicious. Good to hear that you enjoy the good old Canadian Pizza. Me being Canadian and all.

    By Blogger wandi, at 12:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home