Passionate About Life | Family

Friday, May 26, 2006

+ Son | Desaru Trip

Desaru Malacca, Malaysia
So my son is a growing-up much faster than I can allow myself to accept it.

Today, marks the last day of mid term and June school holidays starts tomorrow.

Instead of him spending his first day of school holiday waking-up very early to play on his Xbox online with his US and UK friends, he will be away for a school trip to Desaru in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.

His very first trip overseas on his own... well without us. He will be with his group of his classmates going on trips to experience and learn about entrepreneurship.

Kind of a little too early to be learning about handling a business at age 10 going on 11 mid June 2006, but I guess the government and the school knows what they are doing, grooming potential student into successful businessmen and women.

So this evening, I had to stop by the grocery store to buy him some snacks and cup noodles; handy stuff like wet tissues; medications like plaster and Panadol for kids, as well as his asthma inhaler - just in case he needs it, just to be safe.

Luggage of enthusiasm to explore knowledgeSince his cell phone went kaput after his accidental dipping off Sentosa Island, Wify had to hand over hers for him to use for trip. Wify will go with me tomorrow to upgrade her phone plan to get a better value-for money plan and a new cell phone that comes with it.

Have to turn-in early tonight to wake up way early tomorrow as he needs to be in school by 6:50am with his luggage for the coach to take him across the causeway and into neighbouring country, Malaysia.

Learning the different types of industries - farming, greens and livestock, food processing to souvenirs factory and distribution businesses to open their minds to the many stages of a product and possibilities and opportunities.

Well that was what I gathered from the letter given to parents and my son's explanation before he signed-up. Since he was one of the students selected, I had to let him go expose himself to the real world of business at a cost of S$240.00, plus RM$100.00 for spending money.

I believe the experience he gain will be much more that the trip's dollar value.
Kids Backpack \ Full of potential for the worldLast checked, all are packed and he is ready, enthusiastically raring to go.

I will be going to accompany him in the cab tomorrow morning to his school and see him off to open his young mind to the many positive possibilities the world has to offer.

My son growing-up so well, so fast. Love every moment. This one should be quite memorable for both Wify and me, definitely for him.

2 Comments:

  • hope he has a good trip! My house is so lonely when any of my kids are gone for a night--

    By Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart, at 7:10 am  

  • Have a good trip son of Imran. I know how hard it is to let go. I still had a hard time when my kids were away from home at the age of 18. I still have a hard time when they are all grown up and have left the nest. When they come home we all pile into my bed and cuddle and talk and laugh, like old times. I think you are a good parent Imran. Most parents are glad to let the kids go. The difference with you , me and them is that we realize that it is a process of life and allow it to happen, but are sad , happy when it does. Look forward to hearing about your sons time away.

    By Blogger wandi, at 3:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home