Passionate About Life | Family

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

+ Life | Tax Return

Not a pretty sight to file your taxes
Like all lazy, last minute Singaporeans, I finally filed my income tax return for Year 2006 via internet on the very last day available, Phew!

Well, actually I filed it online on 12 April 2006, but hit the wrong button to complete the tax under Option 1 Personal Relief declaration, which prematurely "completed" my filing.

Guess it was my mistake.

I was suppose to choose Option 2 File Other Income, thinking the relief was correct and the next screen should bring me to the income filing section.

Income tax personal reliefs... Self, Wife, Child, Parents...Nonetheless, I had to read through the online help instructions to amend, but the option is not available at the moment. I do not know why.

In replacement, I had to email for amendments to IRAS which an auto-generated reply email was sent to me immediately, confirming my request was received.

A separate IRAS officer's email came rendering his help by asking me to file the amendments via email instead of on its website a few minutes later.

I did today and sent if off. Another confirmation email from IRAS was received with instruction that the tax advise will follow once done.

Hope all is good. I am quite uneasy to file my personal details and income via email, but the address is to IRAS and confirmation email from it is received immediately afterwards.

So I just have to wait and see how much I have to contribute towards nation building. Sigh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home