Passionate About Life | Family

Friday, March 31, 2006

+ Work | Farewell Boss

Farewell Handshake of 14 years working with my OD
Have been very preoccupied with lots of stuff happening at the office both mentally and physically.

Today, I bid farewell to my Operations Director as it was his last day with the company of 19 years.

Also today, I bid farewell to our Quality Manager of 6.5 years too.

Today really suck! The whole Engineering Office was somber and not much work done. Mentally we were drained when we see the two anchor people leave us the same day.

What an impact that did to our morale. Not much say about where the company is heading. This sucks!

Royal Selangor Pewter 9 Goldfish Chinese PoemAs everyone was preoccupied with the farewell lunch and the plague as a gesture of appreciation to our OD, our QA Manager sprung a last minute surprise on us to inform he was leaving the same day.

Since the QA Engineers under him was not doing anything with such short notice, I got permission from our Operations Manager to take time off work for an hour to get a plaque for our him as well.

Went to Royal Selangor Pewter at Raffles City Shopping Mall to pick a plague and headed-off to ST Ming Souvenirs at Orchard Plaza in Orchard Road to have it inscribed an appreciation note on it.

Had my lunch at Burger King while the plaque was being engraved, while the whole lot of people attended our OD Farewell lunch at a Chinese restaurant where they presented the rather large and very expensive plague to our OD.

We presented a small token of our appreciation to the QA Manager a our before the day ended. Took lots of pictures with both of them using my Sony Ericsson's cell phone camera.

Unfortunately I cannot post the photos as I would then be divulging too much information on company affairs and may get myself in trouble quickly, who knows?

Royal Selangor Pewter WoodCarving MotifParting with such a heavy heart. All the years working together, my OD knows my capability and really appreciated all my service and efforts by rewarding my handsomely with salary.

I feel that with the parents gone away from the house forever, we are expose defenceless against invading force to break and tear the family and house down. We are at their mercy since the house belongs to them.

I have been working without management's foresight and direction for some months now and it is getting harder to wake up in the morning and drag myself to work. I work one day at a time which is such a terrible way to live everyday.

Today is nothing, but come Monday next week and the weeks ahead, our fate will be revealed as the force occupies the higher ranks and authority.

I already have a backup plan and am executing it as I feel my time with the company is also limited to a few months before I finally have to take the "big leap" and do the same as my managers.

All I have to do are primarily 2 things. Firstly to secure the jobs for 4 Engineers under my charge with HQ projects and stabilize my backup plan as quickly. Once done, I will make that "big leap" into the abyss - the unknown world outside electronics manufacturing.

The Almighty provides; we must put the effort to achieve our plan; God decides. Good luck to me. Amin.

3 Comments:

  • That's a very sad news. Hope they're leaving the Company for good. But it's strange that not only one leaving.

    By Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD, at 7:05 am  

  • I'm sorry to hear how things ae going a work. I went through something similar, it was awful. I hope there is a silver lining somewhere.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:10 am  

  • Hello Both,

    Thanks for coming in with words of encouragement.

    Friday | This subsidiary is not working out so good after the merge with HQ.

    Good place, good group of people, but not enough business to sustain. Not sure what the direction is right now, just live a day at a time for now.

    Thanks again for your words. Have a good week ahead.

    Barbara | Thank you for your thoughts. I know everyone will survive somehow.

    Really hope there is a silver lining somewhere in sight in the near future. It is a depressing place for now.

    Empty desks here and there, very depressing. A good group of people have left and a good group of people remaining.

    Hope and pray are the only things we can do for now until things pick-up for the better.

    Need to pick myself up and take part in the Blog Olympics again when I recover. Thanks and take care.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 9:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home