Passionate About Life | Family

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

+ Son | Lost Puffy

Puffy  Dwarf White Winter Russian Hamster
Puffy is missing!

I refrained from writing this entry and kept hoping that we could find her again. But after the 3rd day, I think she is finally gone.

It happened last Sunday evening.

My wife was not feeling well, so we had take-outs from the neighbourhood food stall. My son, Danish went out to buy of dinner from the S11 Coffee Shop 2 blocks away.

He decided to bring both Puffy and Buddy along in a box strapped-up to his kick-scooter.

Bought the food and lost Puffy on his way back. Only to realize that Puffy was not in the box when he reached home.

Retracing his steps back, he last checked the 2 guys in the box before he crossed the traffic light, so the stretch of path where Puffy had gone missing is from the traffic light, right up to our home.

I could see Danish's face, in panic, he rushed out, handing Buddy to me on the way to look for Puffy.

Puffy  Sleeping on SofaHe came back empty-handed. I came out with him again to look for her, but was in vain too. We went out to look for her again right after dinner.

Expecting to see anything that scurry across the grass verge or under the shrubs, but nothing still. Both my wife and Danish cried their eyes out.

Danish cried the most as he felt so guilty for not taking extra care of the 2 while there were out, against my wife's advice not to bring them out at all.

On my way to work in the morning yesterday, I looked around too until I actually missed a vacant cab. You know how difficult it is to get a cab on Monday mornings.

Still felt a tinge of hope, I called my wife at lunch time to check if Danish had maybe... found her. No still.

Danish had been patrolling the path several times a day in the hope of finding her, but the odds are so much against it.

Puffy is so tamed that she will not be afraid of anything that comes near her. A cat, dog, bicycle on the pathway, or even worst get run-down by a car if she were to go down into the road.

On my way back from work in the evening, I searched for her again. That hope of finding her was still there.

Puffy  PrayingI just cannot imagine her frightened, hungry, cold... Is she alright, hurt, or even be alive not eaten-up by a cat or mauled by a dog. Oh, God, help protect her. Bring her back to us.

Else, let someone find her and place her in his/her care or a proper home. She has never been in the wild to fend for herself, how is she ever going to survive?

Wherever you are, we will love you, Puffy. Please be safe. We are missing you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home