Passionate About Life | Family

Sunday, February 12, 2006

+ Life | Sunday Chores

Durantas in bloom wildly
Today has been a slow weekend for me.

A Sunday that I should be out doing stuff with the family, in the sun.. something. Instead I was left to do house chores. Sigh...

My wife was out at Shaw House at Orchard Road tending to her booth in a Wedding Fair event. She was out of the house before 10:00am today.

Chic Couture Booth at Shaw House Orchard RoadMy son Danish had his friend's birthday party to attend at her home. We went to Isetan Orchard at Shaw House yesterday and bought her a pink heart-shaped pillow with a bear on it.

Hope she likes it, because I had no idea what girls that age liked.

He left home at 1:30pm to meet his friends at Kembangan MRT Station. Oh, great! He left his gift at home. Well, he just have to bring it to school tomorrow to give her.

I was left home alone! Yeah, the thought of lazying around was all too attractive for me, but I have some gardening and ironing to do before I can do that. The list from wifey.

Did some blogging in the morning. Heated up lunch for both my son and I. Once he left, I gave myself time to watch a movie - The 40 Year-Old Virgin.

Steve Carell was alright, but his friends were hilarious. All the guys appeared together and macho on the outside, but somehow insecure inside which they tried very hard to not show. Man, I am so blessed to have met my wife and have a family.

Well this movie is not a tamed one. It is quite... "graphic?"

My wife will flip if she sees this type of movie. It's too adult and the too-open-minded mannerism is not yet suitable for conservative Asians like us.

Now the chores. First. Trim the plants.

I hated to trim the wildly grown branches of our Durantas because at the tip of the branches are purple flowers blooming. I just do not have the heart to cut away the cheerful sight the plants have to offer.

There is this nice feeling to see flowers swaying in the sunshine. Just love it. Just watered the plants and cleared the fallen leaves off my corridor instead.

Then started my ironing. Wow! I have not ironed a piece since I got married some 12 years ago. Man, I have taken her doing the chores for granted. It was tiring and my god, so boring!

Took in the dried clothes from the service balcony, folded some clothes and continued ironing my son's school uniforms and my clothes for work till I completed every last one.

City Of Angels starring Meg Ryan & Nicolas CageRested a bit and watched a little of City of Angels starring Meg Ryan and Nicolas Cage over Cinemax until the end. Never got to watch it before, but only to see Meg died in the end. No!

My favourite romantic lady dies in a movie? Never! This movie sucked!

Well, not exactly. I liked it, but still I do not like to see Meg dies in a movie in any manner whatsoever.

Anyway, Danish came back at 6:30pm and went straight to helping a little with his left-over Malay composition homework.

Took a shower and headed to the S11 Coffee Shop and bought us dinner. Stopped by the newly expanded sundries shop and got some snacks and a correction pen for Danish.

Today, I become quite a domesticated dude today. Well, I have to do this for 2 weeks, until wifey completes her rent for the booth this 23rd February 2006. Until then, I am a Desperate Houseband.

Man... I have to work tomorrow. Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home