Passionate About Life | Family

Thursday, February 02, 2006

+ Life | Something Good

Something was telling me today would be great day. A great day indeed! To start off, I got a cab in less time than it took me to wear my shoes.

Lake Maninjau, PadangNo 1: Honeymoon Revisited

I enjoyed the most relaxing ride to work I had not felt for a long while.

Simply listening to a Sundanese ethnic music playing over his CD player. No chating, just soothing bamboo flute music from the Indonesian Islands.

Minangkabau Palace Rice Storehouse, PadangIt evoked a wonderful memory of our first honeymoon in Padang, Indonesia in the West Sumatran islands.

The place was heavenly. Crime is the lowest as the people there are practising Muslims.

The foreign sights and sounds, thier proud traditions and culture, the modest lifestyle and contentment for the gifts they are given, however modest.

All intriguing, interesting and an eye opener for me as that place was my first ever "tour" in my adult life.

It was my first aeroplane flight, so the whole experience was magical and us being newly weds, fantastic! More stories of this place the next time.

Yes, just the place, not the newly weds thing. This blog is still rated "G."

Before this trip, the farthest I have been was our neighbouring country, Malaysia.

Manpower Restructure ProposalNo 2: I Did My Best Today

Secondly, with the reshuffling going on, I managed to convince the management with my proposal to save some people under my charge from being transferred and left without a job at worst.

Engineers under my charge could not be more happier with the outcome. Should not have entered this, but it is my little achievement against the odds. It is for my own sanity. There! I said it.

Puffy, White Dwarf Russian HamsterNo 3: Puffy Decided To Come Home Part 1

Thirdly, our "part-time" adopted hamster, Puffy has finally returned home. Well... return to his cage that is.

She has been missing for the last 3 days. My son forgot to close the cage door tight before he went off to take his morning shower. Puffy was able to get out unnoticed. She made a run for it.

You may wan to read + Son | Our Hamsters first before you waste your time reading this insignificant entry.

My wife suffered the most heartache for our loss as she became the most attached to the little creature than my son, as I found out the few day.

She was very sad and sent us searching for it outside as out front door was open the time when Puffy got out. And we searched the whole house for those days she was missing.

Puffy's Home Sweet HomeI was the vigilante for 2 nights and slept on a mat on the floor in the living room to see if I could detect her lurking around the room, with my superlight sleep and keen hearing.

Nada... no hamster, just backaches when I woke up in the morning.

Then again, I probably slept through the whole night while Puffy danced around on my belly! No, do not tell my wife that.

Yet, today, Puffy suddenly appeared before me in my GymRoom while I was blog-surfing.

"Puffy!!!" I yelled with joy. I thought I would never see her again!

She was shaking when I picked her up. 3 days without food or water. Is she alright...?

2 Comments:

  • Good thing your hamster is back and safe!

    By Blogger Alex, at 12:55 pm  

  • Hello Alex,

    Thanks for visiting. We are more than grateful to have Puffy back.

    Looking at the empty cage, worrying how she would survive and her safety.

    Incredible how we can be so attached to her when we only had her in our home for only a few days in a week.

    Have a good weekend.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 8:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home