Passionate About Life | Family

Thursday, September 22, 2005

+ Parents | Dad's Well


Father sipping tea at Bistro Delifrance at Causeway Point


Took leave off work today to accompany my Dad to SGH this morning for his 2nd follow-up checkup. It has been two months since his Colorectal Surgery to remove a tumor.

Was a tat late coming going over to my parent's place this morning, so was 8 minutes late from the appointment time of 9:05am. We registered at about 9:10am but the consultant was not in until our number 0918 was called 10 minutes before 10:00am.

The consultant Dr. Ooi, checked my dad's wound to heal nicely and statisfied with his progress. Good appetite, feels energetic and consistent bowel movements.All were good. Though not out of the woods totally yet, but he was given a good bill of health.

He checked my Dad's blood test result off of his PC, done last Saturday, 17 September '05 at Tampines Polyclinic.

The result was very good. The rating to indicate "bad" blood with tumor was 3.5 and above. My Dad's reading was only 1.7. A remarkable improvement from before the surgery that was above the bad limit.

His next appointment will be 3 months intervals instead of the monthly checks, that is to be on 15th December '05 at 9:20am.

A month early than anticipated before the intervals can be spaced out further apart from montly to three months then six monthly for a period of three years, since his blood is "clean" from cancer. Thank you Allah for this blessing.

Back to my parents' home to meet my Mom and gave her the good news. Dad looked proud of himself when I praised them of their efforts with the choices of food and eating habits.

While Mom stayed home, we went out to Causeway Point Shopping Mall. I wanted to have my hair cut and buy some groceries while Dad wanted to by the sugar free Equal for both of their uses as part of their diet.

After getting everything we needed and ready to go back, the rain poured heavily, I mean really heavily with gust of winds and all. We had no choice but to stay within the mall to wait out the rain.

We went to Bistro DeliFrance and sat down to have coffee. Dad had hot tea while I had Mocha. We talked a few about the upcoming family celebration.

My parents will be having their first ever wedding celebrations, after 53 years of marriage.

He told me that their wedding date was 9th February 1948. Yes, 53 and not 55 years of marriage as they remembered. He checked their marriage certifiate to double confirm since their grandchildren are getting a wedding cake to mark the anniversary years on it.

I just sat there and my heart said "Wow" in amazement. I hope to be as close and long-lasting as them too. I hope to have my child love us as much as we love my parents and more.

He is intending to get new dentures made, so he can now enjoy more variety of foods and Mom needs Cataracts operation done on her right eye since it is obviously looks more cloudy now. We have to set a date to do all these soon.

We left the Bistro when the rain stopped a while. He took the shuttle service 913 to Marsiling while I parted to take 168 back to Tampines Avenue 9. Good morning indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home