Passionate About Life | Family

Sunday, August 28, 2005

+ Son | SunPlaza Park

Was a lazy Sunday afternoon 17 July 2004. Remembered after morning task of tending to the garden, I had nothing interesting to do. So was my son. Nothing good on TV either.

He suggested going to the park instead. A good opportunity for me to practise my photo taking with my Lumix. My wife stayed behind to catch on some beauty sleep after a hard day's chores around the house.

Packed with some tit bits and a bottle of water, away we went to Sun Plaza Park at Tampines Avenue 9 on our bicycles.

There, the sun was already blocked by the clusters of flats, so it was s clear and breezy day.

Lots of kids riding bicycles and roller blades. Lots of kids with their parents and some with their nannies at the children's playground.

Lots of folks jogging on the asphalt trail, meandearing through the park.

The flowers were exceptionally blooming as if boasting and waiting specially for me to take pictures.

Once there, my son went straight to the playgound where the tight rope webbed all the way to the top of the 3 metre pole.

He went up in no time and poised to ask me take a photo of him triumptant after concuring the peak. Should be a cool view from up there. It was fun being a kid.

The park was blooming with lots of flowers, most of these were not local species, but brought in by the Parks and Recreation Board.

While taking photos I spotted a lone Tom cat resting under some bushes taking a breather under the cool shades. Sleepy eyes but it tried hard to keep virgil of a flock of birds on the ground catching insects.

I remembered that it was just like in the Kampong days, where things moved slowly, at a tranquil pace. You get to watch the entics of your pet cats. Cool afternoon indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home