Passionate About Life | Family

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

+ Parents | Dad's Getting Better

Its National Day today. Singapore celebrates 40th year of independence. The whole nation is in joyous mood.

One part of me to celebrate with it too, to attend the first off location fireworks right out my doorstep in Tampines, another was moody and sad right a the back of my mind with what is going on with Dad and his condition.

I received a call on my cellphone in the moring. The programmed number I did was for SGH Dr. Ooi. I was shocked and anxious about what the news is about to unfold on the other side of the call. It was Dad! Alhamdullilah!

Frail sounding, yet with a tinge of happiness in his voice, he told me that he was served warm Mila drink for breakfast. That was good news.

He told that his IV drips has been taken off him. He is now free off any tubes. That was even more good news! Alhamdullilah!

This eposide has opened my Dad emotionally. He seems no longer afraid to show his affection. He has started to make calls personnally to almost everyone in the family with the phone list I wrote to him in bold letters and numbers of the whole family.

Had a good breakfast this morning and got to clear up some emails from work till about noon, rearring to go to see Dad.

I received another call from Dad. This time he was given lunch - porriage and a drink since he did not vomit out the Milo drink he was given in the morning. That was a very good sign of him recovering. That was a very good news to me, personally.

A speedy recovery for Dad, Insha'allah. Guess now he is calling the rest of his children breaing that good news.

I am proud of him. His determination, his high tolerance for pain, his patience with not a squeek of complaint out from him. All was left to Allah for His mercy to bring him back to health.

I am coming to see you Dad! I am celebrating two things simultaneously after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home