Passionate About Life | Family

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

+ Parents | Dad's Warded

With his frail and in pain condition, I explained to him about the tumor, minus the cancer details to avoid unnecessary stress to him, and the operation that he had to undergo to remove it.

He replied to get it out as quickly as possible to rid him of this constant pain. Was a brave front he displayed, knowing he hated hospitals. I guessed the pain as indeed acute for him to say that.

I announced the findings to all the family members via SMS. We waited until he was admitted and sent to Ward 78 Room 2. There family started responding immediately and come in droves to the hospital.

In the ward we congregated while Dad was being prepped for the operation, that was to take place at 6:00pm that evening.

There, with everyone present, he got everyone's attention for an announcement. The room came to a silent. God Willing, he said, once he recovered from the operation, he would want to have a family gathering to celebrate his and Mom's 55th wedding anniversary together and whole a special prayer for all our deceased to Allah for His blessings.

Quite a shock to me, as if he was acting out of character. He never cared much for such occasions before, and we never held that either. Coming from him was very new to us. Nonetheless, that was a good suggestion and so over due.

Though that was that, then he said another thing that shocked me especially. He announced that he wanted my name to be included in this finances, third after Mom's. He wishes to entrust his monies to me to take care of them.

Everyone replied that, that was a good move and supported his decision. I obliged. I have yet to digest all that has been going on, and now this responsibility. I will definitely protect their interest.

Shortly before 6:30pm, he was whisked away to the OT. Everyone followed until before the entrance where we bid him to be strong and that we would be waiting for him there.

Everyone was emotional. My Mom felt the hardest and I was taken in as well with teary eyes, but I chose to avoid being seen. Why is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home