Passionate About Life | Family

Sunday, September 11, 2005

+ Outings | Circular Road

Circular Road leading to Clarke Quay

Since I do not work on Saturdays, I helped out my wife with her pushcart at Raffles Place, outside OUB Centre yesterday.

Our son stayed home. He would rather play on his Xbox. The perils of online gaming to the family bonding... I think is more of nothing interesting about ladies' accessories as compared to Xbox new games that I bought him at the Comex Expo last month.

The place is almost like a ghost town on weekends since all the offices were closed. Sale was slow and kind of bad, but that known since the human traffic is few and far in between.

Opened at about 11:00am and stayed there until 1:30pm. In between I was so bored that I left her a few minutes to do some sightseeing, since I could not resist the Singapore River scenery.

Took a few pictures using my Sony Ericsson S700i phone. It was a sunny day, so the photos turned out quite well considering it is just a phone camera.

Placed the photos in my Photography - River Tranquility section. It cool and convenient what a phone can do these days.

Helped her close-up and went off to Circular Road. For the life of me, I did not know that there was a Muslim Food Stall there. It was called "Circular Road Corner Nasi Padang".

While admiring the old and the new buildings blending in a clean and kind of quite time yesterday afternoon was, I noticed an old pre-war house across the street with two gargoyles on top.

While looking I saw smoke lightly clouding my vision. I was coming from a burning charcoal for satay (a Malay version of fondue - beef or chicken meat marinated in species on skewers) barbecuing.

Noticed a Malay man sitting there at the coffee shop peeling potatoes while waiting for the fire to set. Only then I noticed the stall.

We both crossed over and to our delight the food stall had our favourite food. Nasi Goreng Kampong Style for me and Mee Soto for her.

I was thinking to myself - we have to explore Singapore more and open our eyes. There are so much to see and so many unassuming yet interesting places in some small corner, somewhere.

Sat outside near the roadside ala bistro, the afternoon sun was blocked by the buildings, making the area cool and breezy since it was so near to the river. A nice and tranquil place to be at that time.

I know that all the shops were preparing for the savvy, Saturday evening crowd since there are so many pubs and bars around this hip business district.

The food were great and cheap too. Had a relaxed time there. Would definitely be there again.

Circular Road in water-colour style

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home