Passionate About Life | Family

Saturday, February 04, 2006

+ Life | Something Wonderful!

Puffy's Adoption PapersThe long awaited "verdict" has been announced! We are finally a family of 4!

No, my wife has not given birth to our second child. No, we have not adopted a child either.

It is Puffy, our "part time" adopted pet hamster. She is finally family. Great new to all of us personally!

My son came back from school all excited, quickly told me wife at the door, before he even got into the house.

Application Approved!Danish went to school yesterday and told his teacher that Puffy was found and that his parents were nursing her back to health.

His teacher has decided and class agreed that it was too much of aa distraction when it is in class, and too much of attention and maintenance to care for one in class.

An aquarium full of tropical fish might have been a better choice, but definitely not hamsters.

Danish was voted the best person to care for her. Danish accepted the honour with glee and a promise to bring her to class once in a while for everyone to say hello and she how she is doing.

His teacher probably thought that Puffy would be in better hands with us caring so much for her. We got so attached to her in a very short space of time.

We have been responsible for her well-being when she stepped-in, well... came carried-in into our home. We asked how she was doing when she was with another child's care.

A Fish Called Merah

My wife just lighted-up on hering the good news.

Understandably, she never had a pet before in her life. The closest thing to a pet she had for the first time was a Red Parrot Cichlid.

It was named Merah or Red. Yes, a fish!

That was the only fish that interacted with people. We have two aquarium tanks one on top of another on a rack. On top is the Tetras and tropical Rainbow fish.

You may want to see it at + Interior Son's Aquarium if you really have the time.

Below it was Merah's tank. A loner.

Red Parrat CichlidThis type of breed can only stay in a group of 5 or more in one tank, fewer than that, it will start fighting with each other until only one survives. Fighting for territory or dominance, whatever.

Merah behaved very intriguingly whenever we were around.

It showed interest and reacted with you whenever you are near with its antics. Flipping over, swaying left and right, just wanted your attention.

It unfortunately died the 2nd week we were away in Ohio USA. It was in my sister's care coming over to our place every other day when it died. It made my sister felt awful about it, but it was none of her fault as we believe Merah was lonely at home.

Anyway, this part of our lives will be documented soon.

Life is Good!

Coming back to our Puffy. My wife and son went straight to Tampines Regional Library to borrow books on how to care for hamsters.

We now know that Puffy is a Dwarf White Winter Russian hamster. It's livespan is about 1.5 to 2 years. It can grow between 8 to 10 cm in length and are rugged enough and suitable for first-timer pet owners. Thank God!

Now we are not sure how old Puffy is, but maybe we can find out from the Pet Safari shop where she was purchased.

Equiped with more information on how to care for Puffy and our unconditional love for her, she is going to be just like one of the family in Imran's home.

Life is good!

4 Comments:

  • Pets are fun. We have a cat. We've never had a hamster.
    We have a pet fish at work. I've written about him before. He is a Japanese Fighting Fish. The first interactive fish I've ever seen.

    By Blogger Carol, at 2:10 pm  

  • Hello Carol,

    You can say that again!

    My wife and son cannot stop talking about Puffy's antics when I get home. Puffy gets both of them all excited everyday.

    Will visit to read about you fighting fish. If I am not mistaken, it can live with just a little amount of water without the need for air pumps, right?

    I love cats! Kittens especially. We used to have just over a dozen when I was a child living in a village. Mostly stray kittens that my siblings brought home.

    What is your cat called? I'll visit to read its antics too.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 12:35 am  

  • Whopee! Puffy is home! So glad to hear it Imran. Aaah so sweet. The story you told of your fish sad but sweet. I know some people would say fish don't have feelings and such but well your story proved them wrong! Nature is just awesome!

    I have a cat named Lizzie. She is all black and almost 4 years old. I had her and her brother since they were about 6 weeks old. Unfortuantely the male "Darcy" I had to find a new home for last summer as my having to move so much and the stress of my life situation really had affected him so much he was no longer happy and taking it out on everyone and everything. I tried everything. He needed to be in a home with just him as the pet as he was always picking on Lizzie and she learned to stand up for herself but I worried. I still miss him very much as I loved him like he was my child..silly I know..he could be so affectionate and what a personality! As I type this I get tears in my eyes just thinking about him. Lizzie has changed so since Darc has been gone and she is so much more laid back and so content and happy and trust me completely. She always has. She is so special to me and I'm so glad and happy to have her in my life.

    Okay enough "gushing" about my kitty..:-)

    Say hi to Puffy for me..what a cute name!

    Blessings,

    Rhi

    By Blogger Rhiannon, at 12:58 pm  

  • Hello Rhiannon,

    Thanks. Merah was very interactive whenever we were near the aquarium. No facial expression, but its antics were wonderful. My wife misses it the most and we talk about it sometimes.

    Cats! Boy, have I loads of stories on cats! As a child, we lived in a village with just over a dozen cats. Stray kittens mostly.

    Our whole family of 10 loves cats. Meal time for those cats were amazing. It was like a party. We have to separate them into groups so they would not fight over the food.

    Pets fill ours lives with joy. We tend to forget the worries of work, etc when we attend to them, our therapeutic responsibility.

    Should write about them sometime.

    My wife and I love your drawings. We admire your talents. Stay wonderful.

    Thanks again for visiting. Enjoy the weekend.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 11:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home