Passionate About Life | Family

Friday, February 03, 2006

+ Life | Something Great

Maam, Puffy's found
"Puffy!" I yelled and called my wife. Our "part-time" adopted hamster was found!

Guess you would want to read + Life Something Good first before you continue reading an extended version of my insignificant entry.

Puffy came out from behind my dry cabinet where I store my electronic stuff in my GymRoom. Came out to me and looked (or was it smelled me?), before I frigthened her with my ecstatic yell to her.

The Triage

I picked her up before she went behind the treadmill.

Her body was shaking in the plam of my hand. Not sure if it was dehydration or hunger, or was frightened by me, or all of it combined.

She looked alright though, whiskers not broken and she managed to keep herself clean, apart from her leaner body that was not as "puffy" as she used to be.

Is she alright? I asked myself. My wife and son repeated the same question out loud. She is the baby of the house, the one who needs the most attention, the most fragile.

Where are you?We brought her to the living room and gave her water. Fed her with white bread, apple and a whole lot more. It was like a little hamster buffet spread. She was spoiled for choice.

She eat and drank, so we believe she is alright.

I then looked at my son and my wife, they looked ecstatic. Full concentration on the little joy in my son's palm. They are alright too. I am good.

We were overjoyed to have her back. Just glad that we did not cause her unintentional harm. Before she was found, everybody seemed moody whenever her name was mentioned or looking at the empty cage.

This, a creature from the class project can have such an affect on us personally. Wow! So small, yet so much impact!

Puffy happy to be back in her home

Home Sweet Home

When we place her cage on the floor, she hurriedly approached it and climbed onto the cage and into her "home." Boy did she missed her home or what?

What a smart creature! We should have place the cage on the floor all along for her to find her way back home. Duh...

Those 3 days, she was all over the place inside our home all along, but smart enough as I would think its instint that she did not leave any traces or poop or anything out in the open or along the walls. We thought she had gone out from our front door as it was open when she went missing.

After she settled in, she went out for more food and water. Got onto the wheel did her "workout". Scurry here and there inside her cage, she finally slept in the wheel. She must have missed her cage so much.

Family Now?

Now my son is tasked to tell his teacher and the class that Puffy is home today. We will get to keep him for the weekend, but must return him back to his class for the next student's turn to bring back home to care for her.

There is a likelyhood that the teacher may wish for the program to stop, as their pet is somewhat distracting her class. She told this to the class when Danish broke the new of Puffy gone missing.

His teacher was not too keen to get it replaced, even when we offered it since it was in our care. So there is a chance that we can just compensate the money to the class and keep Puffy to ourselves.

We can only know the "verdict" when Danish comes back from school.

If all works out well, Puffy will no longer be our "part-time" adopted pet, she will finally be family.

2 Comments:

  • Imran,

    This is such a sweet beautiful little "Miracle".:o)..isn't it amazing how the smallest precious little things (animals) bring such joy and love to our hearts? A little animal who survived through it all and now you hopefully get to keep "her, him"?...I hope they will become a part of your little family. Share the news with us soon when you find out!

    Blessings,

    Rhiannon

    By Blogger Rhiannon, at 1:28 pm  

  • Hello Rhiannon,

    Pets are wonderful gifts of happiness to a family. We love Puffy very much and she is doing well.

    Good news! We get to keep her and treat her as part of our family now. I posted the outcome in + Life | Something Wonderful entry on 4th Feb 06.

    Would love to read your family experiences with your pets too. Have a good week ahead.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 9:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home