Passionate About Life | Family

Friday, April 14, 2006

+ Life | SmartTV Installed

Abode | Our Living Room
I received an exciting news via email on Tuesday, 7 April 2006.

It was from Starhub regarding a survey I took about my viewing habits and the personality test that came with it, describing me as The Happy Hedonist.

I was chosen to be one of the limited participants to be the first few people to evaluate the new cable TV service called SmartTV.

With so many things going on in my life right now, I can hardly sit down and watch something on TV. I already find it hard to actually read my newspaper daily.

Starhub SmartTV | Thomson DVR Set-Top Box DCI62SHBDelighted with this news. For one, I can hardly remember I ever won anything in my life, this is a welcome change.

Another, I can now at least selectively save the programmes for later viewing at my convenience... when I find the time, that is.

The email I replied on the same day came with a request form to install the Starhub DVR. I then received a follow-up call on Wednesday for an appointment on Good Friday morning to get the DVR installed.

Since I already subscribed to Digital Cable TV, this set replaces it at the living room, while the old one goes into the bedroom; at least for a month's grace, before we decide to have both or just the DVR at the living room.

Right on the clock, the Starhub came a-knocking on my door on Good Friday morning, and installed the DVR in less than 15 minutes.

Starhub SmartTV | Remote Control Top SideThe man taught my son and I the basic functions and how to use the remote. I left it at that and did my chores while within that half hour, my son was fully "in-tuned" with the functions and operations of SmartTV. He then taught me a few more fancy stuffs with the remote.

A deal made with him, that he should finish his homework and all important chores before watching TV. Now he has no reason to delay anything since his favourite programmes can now be recorded for later viewing.

Starhub SmartTV | Remote Control Internet Keyboard Bottom SideThis service is going to be launch soon together with the inclusion of internet access in the very near future since the remote is already equipped with a keyboard on the underside. Cool gadget.

Now, I need to arrange my priorities more efficiently so that I can have some time to sit and watch TV shows, or Prime Time News... at least, the recorded one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home