Passionate About Life | Family

Saturday, May 20, 2006

+ Parents | 2nd Physiotherapy

TTSH Physiotherapy  Mom's Physiotherapy
My cell phone beeped yesterday morning while I was at work.

It was for a reminder that I totally forgot and was very glad that I actually did use its reminder feature to remind me.

It was for my Mom's rescheduled therapy at Tan Tock Seng Hospital Physiotherapy B1 Clinic.

TTSH  No Handphones NoticeHad a tough time to get a cab this morning and was late to meet Mom and Dad at the usual sheltered walkway entrance to the car park at their block.

Had an interesting chat with the cab driver triggered when Mom called my cell phone while I was in the cab going over. Had an interesting and worth mentioning story from him.

Something to remind ourselves since we have children, but maybe I relate it in another post.

TTSH Physiotherapy  Mom's Traction SlipThe appointment was at 10:30am, but we reached there 15 minutes later.

The waiting room hardly had any patience there. Our queue number was 35 while the queue board was at 32.

Before we could even make ourselves comfortable sitting down, our number was called, not 3 minutes after registration.

Wheeled my Mom into the physiotherapy room and had to wait for her turn to get her traction for her spine.

Did an honest mistake in there. I picked-up a call from my son on my cell phone, oblivious to the many notices there kept reminding to not use cell phones within 2 metres of medical equipment.

I had to be reminded by the attending nurse there. That was embarrassing.

TTHS Physiotherapy  Mom's First Traction Session
Mom had her spine pulled for 15 minutes equivalent to a weight of 28 Kg fro 20 seconds at a time. Rested in between for 10 seconds with a weight of 10 Kg before the cycle repeated again.

She mentioned that she was able to walk longer distances, stand for longer periods of time and was comfortable doing her cooking and light house chores without her leg bothering her with cramps.

I am just glad the first physiotherapy really helped her, then again I hope she was not saying that just to avoid surgery at all costs.

Then again, she has to decide what is best for her. I will be supporting her all the way. So will the rest of her children. Dad will always be there when she needs him.

TTSH Physiotherapy  Mom's 8 Minute CycleShe went through he second traction with not sweat. This second session included her to cycle with some resistance for about 8 minutes.

Cute thing. The stationary cycle was built for larger persons, so she barely had her legs reaching the paddles comfortably even after the seat was moved inwards to the max.

Nonetheless, she paddled enthusiastically as if she was in a Tour De France league, with several slips off the paddles in between. Like a pro.

Proud of her strong will to get better. Dad was sitting at the side watching her and just smiled.

She finished her therapy 10 minutes before noon. It cost S$12.50 for the session. Her next appointment will be on 3rd June 2006 at 8:15am.

Headed to the cafeteria since it was time for lunch at TTSH Kopitiam. All 3 of us had Penang Laksa, the I have tasted best so far.

Sent them back home and had a surprise from Both Mom and Dad. They had been busy buying stuff to cook for me Sambal Goreng - my ever favourite dish since I was little.

There is a little twist to this, though. No one can cook it like Mom's except two of my Sisters. Thank goodness, a family recipe passed down.

TTSH Kopitiam  Penang Laksa IngredientsThey cooked an extra large portion just for me to take home for Wify and my son too. The portion will last for days! Heaven! Eternally love this couple!

I gave them some spending money, guilty, since I could not take them out for Mother's Day treat. I just had to have my "second lunch" savouring her dish, hot from the stove, before I left their home about 4:00pm.

TTSH Kopitiam  Penang LaksaLike always, their warm, smiley wave goodbye at the door until I turn the corner.

And like always, that wonderful, warm feeling lingers on in me all throughout the quiet bus ride from Woodlands to my home in Tampines.

Life is wonderful!

2 Comments:

  • It is so nice to hear of your parents making your favorite lunch. Parents do such kinds things for their children.

    By Blogger Carol, at 2:50 pm  

  • Hello Carol,

    You are so right. Parents are wonderful unselfish people. I am so blessed to have them. They are my heroes, I do not have to look anywhere far to emulate good living and love.

    Have a good week ahead.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 12:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home