Passionate About Life | Family

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

+ Son | Sick Today

Saint Hilda's Primary School | Part of several buildings
Did know that I missed the call on my cell phone this morning.

While taking my breakfast at about 9:40am today, my wife while on her way to her shop that she received a call from my Son's school asking her to fetch him back as he was not feeling well after the PE lesson.

She she had prior engagement and was too late to break it, I had to take urgent leave from work to bring him home.

Eat my Mee Soto that I already bought, drank my hot coffee in gulps and off I went to fetch my son from his school.

Fortunately, I managed to get a cab right in front of my office entrance when someone alighted.

Tampines North Community Centre | Clock Tower LandmarkReached Saint Hilda's Primary School at about 10:20am, a fifteen minutes ride from work. Registered at the school's Security Guard Entrance to let me into the compound and straight to the General Office where he was waiting for me.

For some reason, there were 4 other children from the two classes combined that took PE lesson today, were sick afterwards.

2 were still in the sick bay while the school's nurse was tending to, while the other 2 had already gone home with their parents.

My son had stomach cramps after running 3 rounds around the school's outer perimeter.

Well, I cannot fault the PE teacher, because my son refused to eat anything this morning except his strawberry milk.

He was very hungry when I took him back and had to stop at Tampines North CC for MacDonald's breakfast.

Astonishingly, he eat an Egg MacMuffin, Sausage MacMuffin, A Hash Brown with Ice Milo. All in one sitting. He also wanted to eat the Apple Pie then, but saved it for later.

Tampines North CC | Son's large MacDonald's breakfastI just had a cup of coffee and watched him gobbled all that food down in record time. This is the boy who hardly eats, and is often forced to eat something, because he is slightly underweight, and a growing boy.

Reached home. He greeted his Hamsters - Puffy2 and Buddy and went straight to sleep in his room. At 10 minutes past 1:00pm, his best friend came over after school to see how he was doing.

I am staying home and monitor his condition for a few hours before I decide whether he needs to see the doctor or not. Updting wify about his condition.

Hopefully it is only a case of not taking breakfast today and doing rigorous physical exercises on an empty stomach, that made him sick.

Tampines North CC | MacDonald'sHave a good word with him about the importance of taking breakfast and made him promise to eat breakfast before going off to school tomorrow onwards.

Have no idea what happened to the other 4 students who had... from fainting spells to tummy aches, after their PE lessons.

Maybe, all these kids did not eat their breakfast this morning before school, just like my son.

Man, kids... they scare you every time the school calls.

4 Comments:

  • Kids sure do give our hearts a start. I've experienced calls from schools over the years. Every thing from broken arms to bloody noses and sick tummies too. Now my babies are grown and left the nest. I don't miss the calls from schools, just miss them.

    By Blogger wandi, at 9:28 am  

  • Hello Wandi,

    Thanks for the warning. I will have to endure more that may come. Hope not but I am ready.

    The only thing I am not prepared yet is letting our only child leave the nest when the time comes. How do we deal with that? Only when my wife and I cross that bridge, I guess.

    Thanks again. Have a wonderful day.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 1:29 pm  

  • It is good that you were able to leave work to attend to your son. Good job, Imran.

    By Blogger Carol, at 1:59 pm  

  • i was blog hopping. 'nd i came pass your blog . wow! many things to see . And i just relise, your son share the same primary school that i am in . though i'm now in St.hilda's Secondary school. If only my parents were like you. Posting bout their kids, stuffs going on. i would only know what they would be thinking . Anyways, nice blog ! (:

    By Blogger , at 12:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home